Followers

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Ranking of 5 Authors

1. Large – I believe is number 1 because of all the readings, I believe a strong character is the best offense in building successful people. I have met and listened to many successful people throughout my life and the first thing I notice most of the time is the strength of their character.

2. hooks – There are too many teachers who only teach their students to learn from a stringent learning plan that  only gives one point of view. I almost rated this number 1 because how important I think it is for teachers to help encourage critical thinking especially when instructing young, impressionable minds. Also, the second part of her writing where she explains the importance of group participation in the learning process is a part of this ranking as well.

3. Gilyard- I believe as humans we are programmed to be involved in the humanities in some fashion or another. Music being the number 1 part of this but also poetry, acting, dancing, and many others play huge roles  in learning creativity.  Learning humanities also open up different parts of our brains and can help with learning in other areas .

4. Boyce- I don’t know how realistic this is as a long term solution. It is good advice but to me it kind seems a little out there as far as it being an attainable goal. I see this more of a parental role and as a choice they can make if they see fit to do so.


5. Aronson – I like that there were some very impressive results according to the statistics in the writing. I do however believe we’ll never get past race as an issue if we don’t treat each other equally. There are many opinions on this, and it is a very touchy issue. I just wish schools were schools, private or public and there was no reason that race had to be involved in any way and we just stop making it an issue. I would have rated this higher if it didn't have to do with race, but rather poverty or for troubled youth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment